Mix ‘n Sip, LLC and MixnSip.com promote responsible drinking and discourage alcohol misuse. We encourage you to make informed decisions about the effects of alcohol on your lives and lifestyles and offer the following resources:
- http://www.withdrawal.org/alcohol/ (part of the USA Addiction Treatment Partnership. A Florida based non-profit)
bac-calculator/ (suggested by roadsafetygroup.org). Note: In the United States an SR-22 (sometimes referred to as a certificate of insurance) is a vehicle liability insurance document required by most state Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) offices for “high-risk” insurance policies.
- http://www.alcoholtreatment.net/ – for help in finding a recovery center.
- https://www.drugrehab.com/addiction/alcohol/high-functioning-alcoholics/ – Not everyone suffering alcohol addiction hits rock bottom, but this disease still causes individuals to compulsively drink despite knowing the health, social and legal repercussions. Learn more here.
- Some great resources for everyone, though specifically geared to schools and colleges. Thanks to the Center for School, College, and Career Resources.
Resources For Avoiding Substance AbuseSubstance Abuse In CollegeCollege Campus Addiction ResourcesHow To Prevent College Binge Drinking and DUI’s
- This is slightly off-topic but important none-the-less. Thanks to Maryville University for ‘Smoking Among College Students https://online.maryville.edu/healthcare-degrees/smoking-among-college-students/
- Do you know someone in recovery? Here’s a publication from Counseling@Northwestern, Northwestern University’s online Master of Arts in Counseling program – https://counseling.northwestern.edu/ – that offers advice on how to support your peers. Though geared toward colleges students, others may also find guidance here. https://counseling.northwestern.edu/blog/college-substance-use-recovery-ally/