This is the end result of wanting a chill and refreshing summer cocktail and having a limited number of ingredients on hand. The honeydew was very ripe and needed to be used, so it became the basis of the mixed drink. I also had an abundance of mint in the garden and a nearly empty bottle of vodka.
My Mojo turned out pretty well. I hope you like it too. Sip slowly for greatest enjoyment.
And for those who want to know, Veev is an award-winning spirit crafted with acai berries from Brazil. Search our database for other cocktails made with Veev.
- 2 oz fresh honeydew juice (or more to suit your taste)
- 1 oz Veev liqueur
- 2 oz vodka
- splash of lime simple syrup
- 1 – 2 sprigs fresh mint
- crushed ice
- Cointreau for optional floater
- Blend fresh honeydew melon pieces until liquified (about 1/4 melon will make 4 oz)
- Strain the melon liquid so it is clear
- In a tall glass add the mint, lime simple syrup and Veev, and muddle gently
- Add the vodka and honeydew juice
- Fill the glass with crushed ice
- Float a splash of Cointreau on top, if desired