I saw this pisco cocktail on perfectionbydesignuk.com and played around with it to come up with this recipe. The burnt sugar syrup really adds depth to the drink without too much sweetness.
- 1 oz Amaro Nonino
- 1 1/2 oz pisco
- 1 oz fresh squeezed blood orange
- 1/2 oz burnt brown sugar (a little more, if you like sweet)
- dried fig
- Soak the fig in the pisco for at least 2 hours
- Set the fig aside, combine the pisco with the Amaro, orange juice and sugar and a little ice
- Shake well and strain into a cocktail glass
- To serve, spear the fig with a metal pick, place it across the glass and light it. Before eating the fig, blow out the flame and WAIT for the fig and the pick to cool.