This cocktail was created for Holly Sawyer, who is a rather rum lady herself. Holly’s husband, Bob (of greendoginteractive fame) told us that his spouse is partial to rums of all labels, and sweet liqueurs such as amaretto. Based on that, Elizabeth concocted this richly honeyed mix of golden and spiced rums with strawberries, pecan liqueur and cream.
Get a kick out of Holly’s reaction on video.
- 2 oz strawberry honey puree*
- 1 1/2 oz golden rum
- 3/4 oz spiced rum (Blackbeard preferred)
- 3/4 oz pecan liqueur (can sub amaretto)
- 1 oz light cream
- *For puree: 1 cup strawberries, 1 1/2 to 2 tsp honey, blended until smooth
- Add 6 ice cubes to shaker
- Add all ingredients
- Shake and pour with ice into rocks glass