Havana Moon Tea
Here’s a teatail to enjoy under a Havana Moon (or any moon for that matter) that is laced with lime, rum and a hint of mint.
The ingredients given here are from the book, Atomic Cocktails, but watch the video and you’ll see that Elizabeth has substituted several things for those she prefers. Point being, it’s OK to adapt recipes to suit your own tastes.
This is enough for 2 drinks. See how the Havana Moon Tea is made.
- 1 tbsp or 1 teabag of orange pekoe tea
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Mount Gay rum
- 2 small mint sprigs
- Steep tea in the water for 4 to 5 minutes
- In a bowl, combine the lime juice, sugar and rum. Stir to dissolve the sugar
- Divide the rum mix between two teacups and fill with the tea
- Spank the mint sprigs and drop one in each cup