Bloody Brain Shooter
OK, the picture here is how the Bloody Brain Shooter should look (per the Cooking Channel). My brain matter didn’t float as well as this, though it did form wonderfully brainiac-looking threads at the bottom of the glass, as you can see in the 2nd image.
I’m pretty certain the problem is that I didn’t add quite enough lime cordial, so the vodka wasn’t syrupy enough to support the Bailey’s. Either way, the shooter looks pretty disgusting and that’s what we want, isn’t it? Especially if you’re making these for Halloween.
- 1 1/2 oz strawberry vodka
- 1/4 oz Rose’s lime cordial
- 1/4 – 1/2 oz Bailey’s
- Splash of grenadine
- Shake the vodka and lime cordial over ice ’til really cold
- Strain into a shot glass
- Take a straw and dip it into the Bailey’s then put your finger over the top of the straw so that you hold the liqueur in there
- Dip the straw tip into the vodka mix and release the Bailey’s
- Repeat this ’til you build your “brain”
- Drop in a little grenadine for a bloody element