Margarita Cancun Ritz-Carlton
Here’s a blended margarita designed by Chef Rory Dunaway from The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun. It doesn’t get much more authentic than this.
Be sure to invite some friends to share with, as the recipe makes four cocktails.
Chef’s note: You can make the recipe one day ahead and keep in the refrigerator and it will get better as it sets. Serve straight up no ice.
- 1 3/4 Cups Tequila Reposado
- 1/4 Cup Orange Liqueur
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 3/4 Cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Zest, finely grated
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- For Rim of Glass:
- 1/4 Cup Course Sea Salt
- 1 Each Lime Wedges, Per Glass
- Mix all ingredients in a blender with ice except the limes and the salt
- Spread the salt on a shallow dish
- Rub the rims of 4 glasses with the cut side of a lime wedge and dip each glass rim in the salt, shake off the excess
- Add margarita mixture to glass, decorate with lime wedge in and serve