One of the world’s favorite mixed drinks, some say the Bloody Mary began as the Red Snapper. But today’s cocktail is made with vodka and its erstwhile forebear was gin based. Others claim it was called the Timoshenko. Regardless, the drink has been around since at least the 20s and was probably consumed originally as a hangover cure.
There are endless version of this cocktail. Here’s a good basic but feel free to adjust it and make it your own.
- 2 ounces vodka
- 4 ounces tomato juice
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 splash Worcestershire sauce
- 3 to 4 dashes Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- Read more: http://www.esquire.com/drinks/bloody-mary-drink-recipe#ixzz1VJpKXHKE
- Shake all the ingredients with cracked ice and serve in a tall glass
- The drink really needs no garnish though, commonly, it is served with a stalk of celery