Habanero vodka provides the heat and agave is the sweet with a little ginger liqueur to even things out.
It’s really worth taking the time to infuse your vodka but, if you don’t want to, substitute pepper vodka.
- 2 oz habanero vodka
- 1 oz Canton Ginger Liqueur
- 1/2 oz agave nectar
- 1/2 oz fresh lime juice
- To make the habanero infusion:
- Quarter 1 habanero pepper and add to 1 pint vodka. Refrigerate for 1 week then carefully test for hotness while keeping a fire extinguisher handy.
- To make the martini:
- Shake all ingredients over ice and strain into a chilled glass
- Garnish with a lime wedge or candied ginger