Blame it On Rio
There are lots of things I’d like to blame on Rio, unfortunately I’ve never been there. However, after a couple of these rather delightful champagne cocktails, who cares?
- 1 sugar cube
- 2 – 3 dashes of orange bitters
- 1/4 oz cachaca
- 1/2 oz banana liqueur
- Dry sparkling wine
- Drop the sugar cube in a champagne flute and soak with the bitters, then set aside
- Add the spirits to a shaker with ice and shake to chill
- Strain over the sugar mix
- Top with the champagne
- It’s an excellent idea to sip this while watching the Michael Caine movie, Blame it on Rio.