Tea Rose Cocktail
Inspired by my friend and talented artist, Beth Moody, who paints beautiful roses (amongst other things) and grows equally lovely roses in the garden of her historic Georgia home. See Beth’s work at http://duluthartgallery.com/ or http://bethmoody.com.
Watch Elizabeth make a Tea Rose Cocktail.
- 1 1/2 oz VeeV Acai Spirit
- 3/4 oz kombucha green tea-infused gin
- Two sprigs of lemon balm
- 1/2 oz rose hip syrup
- Rose sparkling wine
- Rose petal for garnish
- For the kombucha gin:
- In a glass jar, add 2 tsp kombucha tea leaves to 1 pint of gin. Allow 4 to 5 days to infuse, shaking the jar each day. Strain through a coffee filter and refrigerate.
- For the rose hip syrup:
- In a saucepan, add 1 heaping tsp of rose hips to 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water. Heat slowly, stirring ’til the sugar dissolves. Allow to simmer on a very low heat ’til the mix is about 20% evaporated.
- For the cocktail:
- Add the VeeV, gin, syrup and lemon balm to a shaker, half-filled with ice
- Shake vigorously
- Strain into your finest china teacup, half-filled with cracked ice
- Top with the rose bubbly
- Lay the rose petal on the drink and spritz with rosewater (if you’re using a dropper, just 2 or 3 drops will do)
- To enjoy your cocktail, first inhale the delicious aroma. Then shake the rosewater from the petal into the drink and eat the petal, if you like. Sip and savor.
Photo credit: E Dodwell