Pomegranate Julep Mocktail
For those times when no alcohol is desired, mix this julep drink with pomegranate and grapefruit, sweetened with a touch of honey.
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice (freshly squeezed is best, but good-quality bottled juice will do fine)
- 3 tablespoons grapefruit juice (preferably pink, but white is okay too)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon honey syrup (mix two parts honey with one part hot water and stir to dissolve, cool)
- 2 mint sprigs
- Bruise 1 mint sprig in bar mixing glass with honey syrup.
- Add remaining ingredients, and shake over ice.
- Strain over ice into a chilled rocks glass.
- Garnish with the remaining mint, and serve.