The margarita has long since evolved from its beginnings in the 1930s and “that frozen concoction” of Jimmy Buffet notoriety. So here are our top five picks for the best of the best today.
1. Bangkok Margarita: This has the tequila but no lime, so technically we’re not sure if this really counts as a margarita. But pineapple and ginger do make for an absolutely delicious combination, and a little sea salt and pepper around the rim elevates to even greater status.
2. Frozen Beer Margarita: Beer, lime and tequila. Who would figure this mixture could create such a tasty, and refreshing, libation. Perfect to make in large batches for summer parties and celebrations like cinco de mayo.
3. SKINNY Mango Margarita: If you’re concerned about your weight, have no fear. Instead, enjoy this simply luscious mango mix. Made with frozen fruit it’s a low calorie alternative that gives up none of the taste.
4. Frozen Watermelon Margarita: Always popular for picnics and barbecues, watermelon also makes a yummy margarita. So why not make a these for your guests the next time you’re entertaining?
5. Classic Margarita: OK, we just had to include this because sometimes, the original is simply the best. The key to making this the best cocktail ever, though, is to use quality ingredients.