Colonel Jones Cocktail
Named after a colonel who wasn’t a colonel, old Jonesy still built a lovely home on his cotton plantation back in 1899. The house and gardens are lovingly cared for by Beth and Glen Faulkner, who really deserve a drink or two for the work they do.
Here’s the video on how to make a Colonel Jones Cocktail.
- 3 oz fairly fruity red wine such as shiraz, merlot…
- 1 oz gin
- 1/2 oz creme de cassis
- Sprig or 2 of purple basil (lemon balm will do)
- Ginger ale
- Lemon twist
- Half fill a shaker with ice
- Add the wine, gin, basil and cassis
- Shake with extreme vigor
- Strain into an ice-filled glass
- Top with ginger ale
- Garnish with a lemon twist