The Bee’s Knees
Do bees have knees? Do we need an etymologist or an entomologist to answer that?
At any rate, a bee’s pollen-baskets are located on its
tibiae (midsegments of its legs) and bees love to harvest lavender. So this cocktail makes use of that fact.
This recipe is for two drinks
- 1 oz good quality lavender honey mixed with 1/2 oz warm water*
- 4 oz gin
- 1 1/2 oz lemon juice
- *If you can’t find lavender honey, steep 1 tsp food grade lavender buds in 1/4 cup hot water for at least 5 mins. Strain and mix the liquid with 1/4 cup of honey. You will need 1 1/2 oz of this mixture; refrigerate the remainder
- Add all ingredients to a shaker with ice
- Shake ’til your head is buzzzzzzzing
- Strain into two chilled cocktail glasses
- Stay away from all bee hives