A classic Trader Vic tiki cocktail. It’s a layered drink; the secret being to blend the top/bottom layer really well and the middle layer gets just a quick blend.
If you don’t feel confident adding three layers then forget the bottom layer and just go for two. It will still look and taste fabulous.
- Top and Bottom layer:
- 1 oz. silver rum (Captain Morgan Silver Rum, Baroca Silver, Mount Gay, Bacardi, etc.)
- 1 oz. orange juice
- 1 oz. lemon juice
- 1/2 oz. brandy (Christian Brothers Brandy, E & J Distillers, etc.)
- 1/2 oz. orgeat syrup
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- Middle layer:
- 1 oz. gold rum (Bacardi Gold, Appleton Gold Rum, Tortuga Gold Rum)
- 1 oz. grenadine
- 1 oz. crushed ice
- Mix ingredients for the middle layer in a blender for 1-2 and set aside
- Mix top/bottom layer in the blender and blend about 12 seconds
- Gently pour the layers over each other. It can help to pour over the back of a spoon
- Garnish with umbrella and tropical fruit.