The Cure is a delightful beertail developed by Gina Chersevani as a “cure” for the economic recession: It sells for just $5 on her menu at PS 7’s in Washington, DC.
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur
- 10 tablespoons (5 ounces) light lager, such as Miller High Life
- 1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce) fresh lemon juice
- 5 (1-inch) pieces peeled fresh ginger cut into thin matchsticks
- Fill 12-ounce cooler (or highball) glass with ice cubes.
- Add ginger liqueur, beer, and lemon juice and stir until combined.
- Garnish with ginger sticks.
Photo credit: Heather Tyree