I’m not much of a Guinness drinker but I do like Manhattans. So in the spirit of being Irish I’m going to try this.
- 1 1/2 ounces Jameson Irish Whisky
- 3/4 ounce Noilly Prat sweet vermouth
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 can Guinness
- Add the whisky, vermouth, and bitters to an empty mixing glass, then add enough ice to fill the glass 2/3 of the way full. Stir for 20 seconds and then strain into a Martini glass.
- Pour Guinness into a cold glass large enough to hold the whole can plus a little extra (16-24 oz.). After pouring, wait about 90 seconds for the Guinness to settle. Carefully spoon all of the light brown foam from the top of the Guinness and place it gently on top of the drink, in the Martini glass.