Blood Orange Mojito
I love a mojito but this version with blood orange puree can transport me to a tropical beach with palm trees swaying in a balmy breeze and a shirtless hunk wading into the ocean carrying my drink on a tray as I loll on my floating lounger (sigh).
This libation was crafted by Melanie at Park’s Edge in Inman Park, Atlanta where not only the cocktails are excellent but so is the cuisine. You’ll notice that this recipe does not include the usual orange liqueur and, frankly, I found that works better as it didn’t overpower the mint. Thanks, Melanie.
- 4 parts Bacardi rum (or other silver rum)
- 1 part blood orange puree
- Lime slices
- Mint leaves
- Simple syrup or turbinado sugar
- Muddle the lime, mint and sugar with just a little ice. (Put your back in it so you really release the flavors)
- Fill the glass with ice
- Add the rum and orange puree and stir
I’ll bet this would be good with tequila instead of rum… gonna have to try that!
This was pretty good. I think the proportions were off a bit since I mixed it in a smaller-than-average glass. Still, it was quite tasty!