Prickly Pear Margarita
Here’s an Emeril Lagasse recipe for a Prickly Pear Margarita. If you can’t find prickly pear syrup at a local store you can easily buy it on Amazon.
- 3 ounces tequila blanco
- 1/2-ounce Cointreau
- 1 1/2 ounces lime juice
- 2 ounces prickly pear syrup
- Kosher salt and turbinado sugar, for garnishing the glass
- Kumquats and lime peels, for garnish
- Combine the tequila, Cointreau, lime juice and pear syrup in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake vigorously to incorporate.
- Wet the rim of a margarita glass and dip into salt and sugar mixture.
- Pour margarita into glass over ice.
- Garnish with a kumquat and a curled piece of lime peel.