Gooseberry Fool Cocktail
Found this online and just had to include it. We had gooseberry bushes in the garden when I was little and my mum used to make gooseberry fool (the dessert) and I loved it.
- 250gm raw gooseberries (thawed if frozen)
- 300ml lemonade
- 50ml gin
- 100ml vodka
- 50ml elderflower liqueur
- Begin by liquidizing the gooseberries and then pushing them through a sieve to remove all the seed, skins etc.
- Next pour this juice into a large glass jug half filled with ice and add the remaining ingredients.
- The measures used are approximate as the best way to make these cocktails is to taste as you go!
- Pour into glasses and serve.
- To make a frozen version just blast the whole thing, ice and all, in a blender.