A variation on the Clover Club by David Wondrich. The Hot Pink Handgun name pretty much tells you where we’re going with this soooo…, it could be the ideal date night cocktail.
- 2 oz VSOP-grade cognac (or better)
- 1 teaspoon orgeat or almond syrup
- ½ oz fresh-squeezed, strained lemon juice
- 5 large or 8 small raspberries
- white of 1 egg (or 1 white for every two drinks)
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
- Put the lemon juice into a cocktail shaker and stir in the sugar.
- Add the other ingredients and, before adding ice, shake viciously but briefly to activate foam.
- Add ice, shake again hard (to smash up the berries), and double strain into a chilled cocktail glass. (To double strain, simultaneously use a Hawthorne strainer — the one with the spring — in the shaker and a Julep strainer — the big spoon with all the little holes — over the glass, to catch the raspberry seeds and pulp.)