It’s not a food; it’s not a pachyderm in a pickle; it’s not the latest dance craze. The Elephant Jam is another cocktail in a creative collaboration with Julie, manager at the Thorn Tree Restaurant in Norcross, Georgia.
If you had to, you could use apricot syrup instead of preserves. But the jam really gives the drink a much silkier texture.
- 1 tsp apricot jam (I used Cascadian Farm Organic Fruit Spread)
- 1 1/2 oz Amarula Cream Liqueur
- 3 oz sauvignon blanc or similar dry white wine (not chardonnay)
- Dash of nutmeg powder
- Shake all ingredients vigorously with ice ’til the jam is well blended
- Strain into a wine or cocktail glass
- Garnish with a touch of whipped cream, if you like, and an extra shake of nutmeg powder