Here’s an egg-sceptionally yummy recipe that you’ll love. Feel free to substitute rum or brandy for the bourbon.
- 12 eggs, separated
- 6 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy/ thickened cream
- 2 cups bourbon
- 1+ 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup brandy
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl and using a mixer, beat the egg yolks together with the sugar for approx 10 minutes (you want the mixture to be firm and the color of butter).
- Very slowly, add in the bourbon and brandy – just a little at a time.
- When bourbon and brandy have been added, allow the mixture to cool in the fridge (for up to 6 hours, depending on how long before your party you’re making the eggnog).
- 30 minutes before your guests arrive, stir the milk into the chilled yolk mixture.
- Stir in 1+ 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream with a mixer on high speed until the cream forms stiff peaks.
- In yet another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg white mixture into the egg yolk mixture.
- Gently fold the cream into the egg mixture.
- After ladling into cups, garnish with the remainder of the ground nutmeg.