Christmas Cake cocktail
Inspired by …….Christmas Cake! Sweet and rich cherries, raisins, spices, almonds and, of course a generous dash of cognac.
You’ll need to make your own allspice simple syrup (add the allspice to equal amounts of sugar and water and simmer on low for about 15 minutes). If you don’t want to bother with that, Monin makes a maple spice syrup that’s a reasonable substitute.
- 1 oz Disaronno Amaretto Originale
- 1 oz cognac
- 1 1/2 oz red wine (something robust and fruity like cabernet sauvignon or merlot)
- 2 maraschino cherries
- 1 thin slice lemon
- 1 thin slice orange
- Allspice simple syrup
- Allspice for sprinkling
- In a lowball glass add the cherries, lemon and orange with about a teaspoon of allspice syrup and muddle really, really well
- Add the amaretto, cognac and red wine
- Stir and fill the glass with ice
- Add a sprinkle of allspice on top