A silky and fruity creation from Giada de Laurentiis of the Food Network.
- 50g fresh mint leaves
- (750-ml) bottle Prosecco or French Champagne, chilled
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups Mint Simple Syrup, recipe follows
- 1 lemon, zested and thinly sliced
- 1 lime, zested and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 5 fresh mint sprigs
- Crushed ice
- FOR MINT SIMPLE SYRUP:
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- In a large jug, combine the Prosecco, orange juice, mint simple syrup, lemon zest, and lime zest. Add the sliced strawberries, lemon slices, lime slices, and mint sprigs.
- Fill glasses with crushed ice and pour the sangria over the top. Serve immediately.
- SIMPLE SYRUP:
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water, and mint over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the syrup to cool for 20 minutes. Strain before using.