Black Vodka Martini
My husband and I love Blavod vodka. It’s hard to find right now as the company is re-vamping itself. The color is derived from catechu, an extract found in Uncaria Gambier trees of Asia, which also gives it a slight herbal taste.
I stuff quality olives with ripe blue stilton cheese. You could substitute a different variety of blue, but nothing quite compares to the rich, slightly pungent taste of stilton (There’s a reason why it’s called “Royal” Blue Stilton, you know).
- Spritz of dry vermouth (something like Vya)
- 3 – 4 oz Blavod vodka
- Blue stilton stuffed olives
- You need just a hint of the vermouth, so I like to spritz my chilled cocktail glass.
- Add the Blavod to your ice-filled shaker and shake ’til the outside begins to “sweat”.
- Strain into the glass and garnish with the cheese-stuffed olives.
- Let the olives marinate in the cocktail before you eat them and they’ll be even more outstanding.