From “King Cocktail”, Dale DeGroff, as seen on Chow.com.
If this is too rich for your pocket, check “Big Spender on a Budget“.
- 3/4 ounce Anejo tequila, such as Gran Centenario Anejo
- 3/4 ounce blood orange juice
- 1/2 ounce Clement Creole Shrubb liqueur
- 1 1/2 ounces Cristal Brut Rose Champagne
- Orange twist (optional)
- Orange zest (optional)
- Combine tequila, juice, and liqueur in a bar glass with ice; stir to chill.
- Strain into a chilled champagne glass and top with rose Champagne. Garnish with an orange twist and, if you want to get really fancy, a flamed orange zest.