Pimm’s Number 1 Traditional Recipe
Ah, a summer’s day in old England, punting on the river or watching cricket on the village green. It’s the perfect time for a sparkling Pimm’s cup.
This famous mix originated in a London oyster bar owned by James Pimm in 1840 and it’s as refreshing today as it was then. The original Pimm’s No 1 was made using gin, quinine and a secret mixture of herbs as an aid to digestion. Now there are five other mixes but the first is by far the most popular.
- 1 part Pimm’s No 1
- 3 parts lemonade (that’s 7 Up to those of you in the USA)
- Fresh mint, cucumber, orange and strawberries
- Fill a jug with ice
- Add the Pimm’s and lemonade / 7 Up
- Put in plenty of mint, fruit and cucumber and stir gently
- Share with several of your favorite people